Sunday, August 9, 2009

Ratatouille

So, the hubby and I are HUGE Food Network junkies, I know such a guilty pleasure.
I have always been a fan of cooking shows, but the hubby has only gotten hooked within the last few years. Because he watches FN, he has begun to really enjoy cooking. What's not to love about that:) Lately, he will make breakfast on Saturday mornings and will even experiment with one or two meals a week (yes, I know it messes with my menu, but I have no problem with that when I'm not the one cooking).
Getting back on subject, we got hooked on the last 6-8 episodes of FN's "The Next Food Network Star." (Usually we are not reality TV fans.) In the 2nd to the last episode, Melissa d'Arabian made Ratatouille and now we are both very excited to attempt it. Because we have small children, we had already seen the Disney/Pixar movie "Ratatouille." Anyway, I will be adding this dish to our menu on a Friday or Saturday night sometime in the very near future. Here are a few links to different recipes for Ratatouille (I couldn't find one for Melissa's version, can only remember the EZ POT tip and not what it stands for, bummer):
We also intend to watch the movie "Ratatouille" again for some ideas;)
If you have a recipe for this dish, please include the link/recipe in a comment.

2 comments:

  1. EZ POT= Eggplant, zucchini, potatoes, onion tomatoes, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Eggplant, Zucchini, Peppers, Onions, and Tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete