Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Banana Muffins / Bread

This is my mom's banana bread recipe and I make it fairly often so I thought that I would finally post it here.
  • 1/2 cup shortening or coconut oil
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 4 eggs
  • 4-6 bananas (I usually use 5 large ones)
  • 6 Tablespoons cream (OR 3 tablespoons of light sour cream + 3 tablespoons skim milk)
  • 4 cups flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, raisins or chopped nuts (optional)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease pan(s). Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, bananas, and cream.
  2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture one cup at a time.
  3. Stir in chocolate chips or nuts.
  4. Pour or ladle into pan(s). Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 (muffins) or 30-40 minutes (bread).

No comments:

Post a Comment