Monday, August 30, 2010

Menu: August 29-September 4

It's going to be another busy week here and I have a TON (well, not literally a ton) of leftover grilled chicken and pork loin left over from Amelia's birthday party (pictures of her an the cake are pictured below). Most of the menu will have to do with using up the chicken and pork and veggies from my garden.
  • Sunday - We ate out with some friends for Sunday dinner - Red Robin, YUM!
  • Monday - Chicken and Roasted Veggie Casserole - cherry tomotoes, onions, peppers, and summer squash/zucchini roasted in olive oil, garlic, and herbs then combined with the grilled chicken and topped with feta.
  • Tuesday Veggie Pizza (and maybe BBQ chicken pizza if we end up having company)
  • Wednesday - We will most likely be eating at my MIL & FIL's house or doing leftovers.
  • Thursday - Grilled Chicken Salad - served with all the fixin's (mushrooms, olives, feta, onions, tomatoes, boiled eggs, etc.)
  • Friday - Chicken BLT Wraps - I use turkey bacon to help lower the calorie/fat content.
  • Saturday - We are having a "Date Night" on Saturday and attending a friend's wedding without the munchkins :o)
Here is are a couple of pictures of the cake that my mom and I decorated for Miss Meli's 1st birthday.


Amelia's "Smash" cake - the Ladybug


Mmmmmm...chocolate!

   



1 comment:

  1. Beka,
    I continue to be amazed but I will say i could't allow this one, playing with food. I'm sure the kids love it but as a mother I cant bring myself to let lose that much. You must be the most amazing mom and friend . May God bless you and Jared always.

    ReplyDelete