Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Unnamed Pork Roast

I decided to play around with some contrasting flavors for this pork loin roast. It has such an interesting combination of ingredients that I haven't decided on a name for it. If you think of a good one, let me know.
  • 1 - 4 pound pork loin roast (or a couple of 2 pound ones)
  • 1/3 cup Koops Honey Mustard
  • 1 Tablespoon Koops Spicy Brown Mustard
  • 1/2 cup Jalapeño Berry Sauce*
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 teaspoon McCormick's Grill Mates Roasted Garlic & Herb seasoning 
  • 2 teaspoons cornstarch
  • 1 teaspoon water
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients (except the pork loin, cornstarch, and water).
  2. Place pork loin into a roasting pan and preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  3. Coat pork roast completely with the sauce. Cover pan and place in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours.
  4. Remove from oven, baste with juices. Place back into oven uncovered for another hour, basting every 20 minutes.
  5. Take meat out of the oven and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
  6. While meat is resting, pour juices into a small saucepan and add the cornstarch and water mixture. Cook over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble and thicken. Remove from heat and pour over sliced pork roast.
* Jalapeño Berry Sauce was my failed attempt at Jalapeño Cherry Jam. First off, the kids ate too many of my cherries so I had to add other fruits (raspberries and strawberries). Then, it just never thicken up like my plain cherry jam does. Third, it didn't have as much spice as I was hoping for in a jalapeño jam. I canned it and swore I'd find a way to use it some day, and now I have. I do have about 5-6 jars (8 oz.) if anyone wants to try it for $2 (to cover the cost of my jars and ingredients).


Here is a picture of the sliced roast, sauce, steamed broccoli, and maple roasted sweet potatoes.

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! I will take a jar of your sauce for when I buy a pork loin.

    ReplyDelete