Monday, October 11, 2010

Menu: October 11-17

After all the hurry and scurry of last week and still cooking almost every meal, I almost feel like not cooking at all this week. However, I know that would not be a wise decision for our wallets or waists so here is the beginning of the menu for this week. I did have one meal from last week that I did not use because I had forgotten that we would be attending a birthday party on Saturday.
  • Spinach Feta Pizza - I will be using pre-made dough this time but if'd like to make your own here is my recipe for pizza dough.
  • Spinach and Tomato Tortellini - I will try to get my version of this recipe up this afternoon but cannot make any promises. Here is the original recipe for now.
  • Wednesday - my MIL made a delicious pan of Chicken-n-Biscuits. Yummmm!
  • Slow Cooker Venison Steaks, garlic mashed potatoes, and glazed carrots.
  • Grilled tuna steaks (salt and peppered then grilled on a cedar plank), grilled turkey bacon wrapped asparagus, tossed salad (spinach, green leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, broccoli, carrots, and sliced mushrooms), Mushroom and Spinach Soup, and Slow Cooker apple crisp (I'll try to post the recipe later this afternoon) - I sent the breakfast-for-dinner meal over to next week's menu because the hubby is going to be grilling tonight. We are having some friends over for dinner. :o)
  • Peppery Beef Sandwiches - I'm using the leftover venison steaks and shredding them for the sandwiches.
  • Saturday we will be taking our college/career group to the symphony and out for dinner. I will be making some type of pasta dish for the sitter and kiddos - either taco-style Mac'n'Cheese or a spaghetti bake.
Interesting Fact: Did you know that eating cooked spinach can be more nutritious than eating it raw? Also, adding some form of citrus into a dish along with spinach helps with absorption of its nutrients. 

Your Turn: What are your thoughts on spinach? Love it? Hate it? Cooked or raw? Got a yummy recipe with spinach you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment