Sunday, July 24, 2011

Maternity Leave Menus: July 4-31

I am due with Miss S. today (June 28th) but have gone 41 weeks with all 3 of my other children so I'm just planning on it this time around as well. I will meet with my doctor later this morning to schedule a date and time to induce. With that in mind, I have prepared 4 weeks of menus in case I don't have time after she arrives to put them together on a weekly basis.

Week 1 (July 4-10)
Being the hubby will be off of work for this week whether baby #4 has arrived or not, he will be cooking (or more likely grilling) dinner tonight. Also, if baby has arrived and I am home from the hospital we will probably end up with some family/friends over for dinner.
  • Ahi Tuna Wraps with mango salsa, roasted red potatoes, sauted veggies (zucchini, summer squash, onions, peppers, etc. all tossed in herbs and olive oil then sauted or even grilled) and frozen juice pops for dessert.
  • Sub Sandwiches (grilled chicken breast), pasta salad, and grilled peaches ala mode. I will also have the hubby grill up some chicken breast for use later this week.
  • Chicken enchiladas (I made a double batch a month ago and froze it for easy use now), and black beans and rice
  • Grilled Chicken Pizza
  • Grilled Chicken Salad
    • grilled chicken strips
    • romaine lettuce
    • boiled eggs
    • mushrooms
    • black olives
    • turkey bacon
    • feta cheese
    • fat free dressing
Week 2 (July 11-17)
Week 3 (July 18-24)
Week 4 (July 25-31)
If you'd like more ideas, check out the "master" list.

2 comments:

  1. I need to begin thinking about freezer meals in the next month or so! How do you find is the best way to freeze your meals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For enchiladas, lasagna, and other "pan style" dishes, I will make them up but not cook them in the oven. Then I wrap the pans in plastic wrap and aluminum foil before freezing. I also let them cool in the refrigerator before wrapping. I freeze soups in tupperware containers and chimichangas individually. It depends on what the meal is.

    ReplyDelete