Monday, July 18, 2011

Book Review: Tithing by Douglas LeBlanc

I was recently provided with a copy of this book through BookSneeze.
Tithing is a study book in the Ancient Practices series by Thomas Nelson Publishers. This short book contains eleven chapters that each focus on arguing for the discipline of tithing. The author interviews influential people from different religious backgrounds as to their reason for tithing.


My Thoughts
I found this book extremely interesting to read. Each interview was conducted in such a way as to make the reader truly think about what the tithe means to their own life, ministry, and God. In studying tithing, this book also gives a plain picture of what Biblical stewardship in the life of a believer should be. Several of the interviewees explain that tithing is not just giving a tenth of your monetary income but really being creative in the way you give of your time and effort as well. I plan to use this book as a resource in future ministry to help encourage others to give as God has enabled me and my family to give. I would recommend this book to anyone and everyone who is a follower of Christ as it presents so many great arguments for giving of the tithe in all areas of our lives - time, effort, and not just money.

No comments:

Post a Comment