Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Spiced Carrot Oat Cookies

I love cake mix cookies. In fact, I haven't tasted one yet that I didn't like. After some gloomy fall weather I decided that I wanted to try some cookies using my spice cake mix. This is what I came up with and they were delicious!
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
  • 1 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats (quick cooking will suffice if that's all you have)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups finely shredded carrot
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil (canola or melted coconut oil will work, too)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup raisins, craisins, or chocolate chips ('I'd suggest semi-sweet or even white)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional (we aren't nut fans but some of you might be)
Directions
    1. In a large mixing bowl, combine everything except the raisins (craisin or chips) and nuts. Once combined stir in raisins and nuts by hand.
    2. Drop by the tablespoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before moving them to a cooling rack.
    Yield: 2 dozen

    No comments:

    Post a Comment