Thursday, March 29, 2012

One-Minute Chocolate Cake

I saw this idea on Pinterest and just had to try it. The original recipe is by Chocolate-Covered Katie and it is definitely yummy for a microwave cake. It's also quicky and easy (unless I'm making it with the kids). I tweaked it just bit as you'll see below.
  • 5 tsp cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 4 tsp sugar
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tablespoons mashed banana
  • 3 tablespoons milk of choice (I use coconut milk if I have it on hand)
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cold coffee (to enhance the chocolate flavor)
  • optional: 1 rolo or carmello square
Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Microwave 30-40 seconds. If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first (and then wait for it to cool before trying to remove it).

I don't bother to add the chocolate frosting as I'd rather add a Rolo or Carmello square to the top of the batter before microwaving so there is this ooey-gooey choco-caramel swirl in the middle of the cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment