Friday, June 22, 2012

Monster Spinach Smoothie

I discovered a delicious smoothie recipe. It's only 342 calories for roughly 26oz. It is really good after a morning run and loaded with nutrients. :o)

Monster Purple Spinach Smoothie
  • 1 handful Baby Spinach (about 1 cup) 
  • 1/2 cup Crushed Pineapple or Chunks 
  • 1 medium banana (7"-8") 
  • 1/2 cup lowfat yogurt (I used lowfat vanilla but am going to try Greek when I can get it on sale) 
  • 1/2 cup water 
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, halved 
  • 1/2 cup fresh blueberries 
Puree in a blend and enjoy!

I found the original recipe Pinterest (shown below). It didn't call for the berries but I add them because they're in season and supposed to be a great boost for runners

Green Spinach Smoothie
  • 2 handful Baby Spinach (about 2 cup) 
  • 1 cup Crushed Pineapple or Chunks 
  • 2 medium bananas (7"-8") 
  • 1 cup lowfat yogurt 
  • 1 cup water 

No comments:

Post a Comment