Thursday, December 13, 2012

Gluten-Free [Chocolate] Peanut Butter Cookies

I have been looking for some good gluten free recipes as I have a few friends who can't do gluten. When I came across a recipe for GF Peanut Butter Cookies I just had to give them a try. I was a little skeptical of the recipe as I love my gluten (yes, breads, cakes, cookies, etc. are all weaknesses of mine when it comes to food). However, I was completely blown away by how delicious these cookies are. They are quite literally THE BEST peanut butter cookies I have ever tasted or made (and Jared, who is not usually a pb cookie fan, agrees with me).
Now, you know me, I couldn't just leave well enough alone and so I did make a couple of changes.
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder (this is completely optional)
  • 1/2 cup semisweet or mini chocolate chips (optional)
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together everything but the chocolate chips.
  2. Roll dough into 24 balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets (I have a HUGE one). Press 4-6 chocolate chips in the top of each, criss-cross with a fork (if doing just the pb w/o chocolate chips), or if you're feeling adventurous you could stir use mini chocolate chips and stir them into the batter before rolling.
  3. Bake until cookies are golden and puffed, 10 to 12 minutes. Cool 3-5 minutes on sheets; transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment