Saturday, July 6, 2013

Menu 2013: July 1-August 4

Summers are always busy, hot, and humid around our house so I want to keep things simple, cool, and refreshing. We have our Vacation Bible School at church this month (don't forget that there is a menu challenge for this month). Jared and I need to get back into an exercise/running routine as well as eating better so that we can handle a 5k later this summer. With that in mind, my menu for this month (except my freezer meal week) will be:
  • Salad twice a week
  • Sandwich/wrap/pita
  • Spicy
  • Grilled
  • Misc. dish
NEW! Printable version of my monthly menu here.

July 1-7: Happy Birthday, America!!
We're spending most of the week with my family out of town so I only need a few meals.
  • Sub Sandwiches and fruit salad
  • Berry Almond Salad - I'm going to attempt a Wendy's copycat - Italian blend lettuce, fresh blueberries, fresh strawberry slices, shaved Parmesan, toasted almonds, and raspberry vinaigrette)
  • Steak, grilled corn, sauteed green beans, asparagus, and fresh bread
  • Chef Salad
July 8-14
July 15-21
July 22-28 (VBS & Freezer Meal Week)
July 29-August 4

No comments:

Post a Comment