Thursday, November 14, 2013

[A Month of Thanksgiving] Day 14

[Day 14] "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."  Jeremiah 29:11

I am thankful for how God prepares us now for things in the future, even when we don't realize it. If you would have told me 15 years ago that I would be a pastor's wife and mother of 4, I wouldn't have believed you. But it has been a blessing to look back and see how God has used different circumstances and experiences to teach and train me for this position. God used parents who believed that if they trained us to serve God they could multiply their efforts. I learned to sing, play piano, cook, plan events, etc. working with my parents. One of my first jobs was managing data and being a receptionist, which has helped to prepare me for secretarial side of being a pastor's wife. Then I started out studying education in college, preparing me for homeschooling, before feeling God lead me to study church ministries. God has used all of these things to prepare me for His service now and I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment