Sunday, November 17, 2013

[A Month of Thanksgiving] Day 17

[Day 17] "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I am a perfectionist. I don't like to even try to do things if I know that can't do a "perfect" job on them. But today, I am reminded to be thankful for my struggles and failures. For it is through those struggles and failures that I learn to lean on Christ more fully for His strength. When I do things through Christ's strength I am given opportunities to bring Him glory.

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Revelation 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment