Sunday, November 10, 2013

[A Month of Thanksgiving] Days 7-10

I was without internet for a couple of days and then just too busy to do more than post on Facebook.

[Day 7]  I am thankful for my parents. They taught me so much but most of all they taught me that there is GREAT joy in serving Jesus.

[Day 8] Today I am thankful for prayer and a heavenly Father who wants us to talk with him, to share our burdens and blessings. He is never too busy for us. "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philipians 4:6

[Day 9] I am thankful for godly friends who encourage me when I am struggling and lovingly speak the truth to me when I need to change my behavior, thinking, etc. "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend." Proverbs 27:17

[Day 10]  While sitting in church this morning I was reminded how thankful I am for the gift of music. There are many times that words alone cannot reach a person in their time of need but music will. We've had some setbacks with selling our house, we discovered that the basement is leaking again and now there is a leak in the roof going into the bathroom (which we just remodeled last fall). I was really discouraged but God brought the song "Burdens are Lifted at Calvary" to mind and then this morning we sang "You can have a song in the night" as a congregation and the men's quintet sang "It is Well with my Soul". 

No comments:

Post a Comment