Monday, August 11, 2014

His Grace and Presence

I am going to leave my usual topic of food to share something that really ministered to me on Sunday. There are times that I focus on the difficulties in my life and I let myself get discouraged. In that discouragement, I often question God's plan for our family. In my head I KNOW that God's grace is sufficient (2 Corinthians 12:9) but it's harder to apply that knowledge when my emotions get involved and they've been getting involved a lot lately.

This past Sunday morning I had the privilege of singing special music with another lady from church and we sang "Grace". I will admit that I cannot sing this song without struggling to choke back tears and Sunday was no exception. A few years back, this song became an anthem of sorts for me. We were expecting Miss S. and I was struggling to keep up with our other three children at the time. We had some ministry opportunities fall through for us. My hubby was dealing with some major difficulties at work and we just seemed to be stuck waiting for God to move us into full-time ministry. I wondered many times if God would be able to sustain me. This song reminded me that God's grace is strong enough to help us through the difficulties His will has in store for us. I managed to make it through the song without crying but then the choir got up and sang "I Am With You". I could not hold them back any longer and the tears rolled down my cheeks. The Lord knew I needed the reminder afresh that He was with me and His grace would carry me through the storm. I felt that I needed to share these two songs in case you, too, were going through difficulties.

Grace 
by Carolyn Hamlin

Lord, as I seek your guidance for the day,
I find my thoughts unyielding: confusion clouds my way,
But, then when I bow to you, the challenges you guide me through,
Your promises are ever new: I claim them for today.

Your will cannot lead me where your grace cannot keep me.
Your hand will protect me: I rest in your care.
Your eyes will watch over me: Your love will forgive me.
And when I am faltering, I still will find you there.

Each new day’s design is guided by your hand,
And graciously revealed as I seek your Master plan.
Keep my footsteps faithful when from you I go.
Return me to the joy that your blessings can bestow.

Your will cannot lead me where your grace cannot keep me.
Your hand will protect me: I rest in your care.
Your eyes will watch over me: Your love will forgive me.
And when I am faltering, I still will find you there.

Your eyes will watch over me,
Your love will forgive me,
And when I am faltering,
I still will find you there.



I Am With You
by Chris Anderson

I am with you, says the Father;
Through the floods, I calm and keep.
Though the swelling waves surround you,
I surround the waters deep.
Fear not, loved one; feel My presence.
You will never be alone.
Trust me, loved one; you are precious.
You are Mine—My very own.

I am with you, says the Savior,
Even to the age’s end.
Never leaving, nor forsaking,
I’m your ever-present Friend.
Fear not, loved one; hear My comfort:
None can pluck you from My hand.
Trust me, loved one; I am constant:
None can change what I have planned.

I am with you, says the Spirit,
There is nowhere you can flee.
Neither height nor depth can hide you;
Every place is home to Me.
Fear not, loved one; hear My witness:
You are God’s own child and heir.
Trust me, loved one; hear My whisper:
With you—in you!—I am here.

Come be with Me, says the Master,
Greeting hopeful, homesick eyes.
I was with you through your journey;
Be with Me in paradise.
Fear not, loved one; know My promise:
I will surely, quickly come.
Trust me, loved one; know My purpose:
I will bring you safely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment